read&write for Google Chrome is a Chrome extension that converts text to speech. Currently students have free access to the basic tools of this extension. Teachers can sign up to receive free access to the premium tools, which can be used for demonstrations and whole class work. Watch this brief introduction to learn about the many features of read&write for Google Chrome.
- Text to speech for Docs, Slides and the web
- Practice reading aloud
Teacher access (student features plus):
- Text to Speech for ePub and PDF
- Speech to text
- Word prediction
- Dictionary - word, picture and talking
- Highlighting of text, can also group highlighted text in a document
- Create a vocabulary list
- Simplify text - great tool for websites
Teachers - Visit the read&write website to sign up for a premium account and for information on how to get started.